Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Work-Study Diaries: Andrea Mendoza Part 1


In the month of September, Cinema Makeup School decided to offer one deserving person the opportunity to take an evening beauty course in our new work-study program. The first of its kind at CMS, offers a student the opportunity to take a course in exchange of working here at the school part-time during the day. Many hopeful prospective students applied, but only one was chosen.

Congratulations to our new work-study intern, Andrea Mendoza. Here is what she had to say about the opportunity:
“My goal for the past five years was to come to Cinema Makeup School. I’m married with four kids and it is not easy to just get up and sign up for school. It’s hard to just drop any amount of money for any school. So when I saw CMS’ Facebook fan page and read the post regarding the high fashion internship/work study program, I got so excited that I jumped out of my chair and ran to the computer to send my resume. I have been praying for an opportunity to come to CMS and well the answer to my prayers came in the form of a Facebook post. Who would’ve thought? Cinema Makeup School has been my dream and I’m grateful that CMS opened up this opportunity for artists that want to fulfill their dream in this industry. I am so proud to help pioneer this great internship/work study program with CMS.
So grateful,
Andrea Mendoza
Be sure to check back with us as we follow Andrea along on her journey.

1 comment:

  1. I am just proud to say that is my cousin love you andrea I know u will b great at what ever u do!!!!connie benesch

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews