Thursday, May 2, 2013

2013 Ve Neill Scholarship Panel Meet, Choose Finalists

Panelists (L-R) Kato DeStefan, Lee Joyner, Michael Spatola,
Leonard Engelman, and Wendy Ann Rosen reviewed
hundreds of submissions.



A panel of top makeup talent converged on the Cinema Makeup School campus Wednesday to review submissions for the second annual Ve Neill Legends of Makeup Scholarship. The $10,000 scholarship is presented by CMS and Fangoria magazine and awards one deserving young artist with the chance to study the makeup arts at the highest level.

The panel—composed of instructors Kevin Brennan, Kato DeStefan and Wendy Ann Rosen; Chief Academic Officer, Michael Spatola; Director of Admissions, Lee Joyner; and Leonard Engelman, Governor of the Makeup Artists and Hairstylists branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences—was charged with the tough task of combing through hundreds of applicants to select a pool of finalists.  The members of the panel took the time to discuss each submission in depth, considering not only raw talent, but also drive, ambition, and passion for the art of makeup.

The group will meet once more with the addition of the scholarship’s namesake, three-time Academy Award® winner and Face Off judge, Ve Neill (Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, The Hunger Games), to select the winner of the scholarship. Until then, the buzz in the CMS hallways will continue building, as students, faculty and staff wait for the official announcement.

Who will it be? Check back here and be among the first to find out! 


Wendy Ann Rosen, Kevin Brennan, and Leonard Engelman 
(foreground, L-R) carefully consider an applicant’s work.

5 comments:

  1. hi.
    i am zahra.
    i love this work.
    and i know about it.
    i am very sad and depres.
    i cant goodluck in my country.
    pilease suport me.
    i have to your help.please help me.
    i wana come to your cuntry.
    but i dont have any money.
    please help me.
    i love thos work.but i cant use of it here.
    thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I love....I hope they feel my passion through my submisssion....I cant imagine doing anything else, thats why I want this scholarship so bad. :) Ill pray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's wishing good luck to all that submitted apps...I know I'm keeping my fingers crossed with knowing the odds are most likely slim....but still holding out for a miracle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't put to words how much I want this. This is my life. I hope that the judges can see that,It's all riding in their hands now. Hoping and praying over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been different is what I love to be,please help me to make a difference. I want to be a proffessional makeup artist.(Toju aboderin from Nigeria,tojuaboderin@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews