Monday, January 17, 2011

On the Set: Grinchmas 2010 by Sabrina Wilson

Recent Cinema Makeup School graduate Sabrina Wilson gives her accounts of time spent working for Universal Studios Hollywood's Grinchmas 2010. Check her story out after the jump.
After graduating from Cinema Makeup School in November 2010, I worked at Universal Studios Hollywood doing Grinchmas 2010, a Christmas themed event on the original set of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. While still enrolled in the master makeup program I applied for the job after seeing it posted on the CMS Industry Job board. I was fortunate enough to be selected and worked under Patrick Magee at Magee FX. It was 26 straight days of sometimes 12 hour shifts,  but I loved every minute of it.  I applied and colored prosthetics, accomplished beauty and high fashion makeup looks, touched up existing makeup, and properly removed the makeup at the end of the day.  I left Grinchmas sad that it had to come to an end, but grateful for the experience to take what I had learned at Cinema and see it manifest in the creation of the Grinches and Whos of Whoville. I also had the pleasure of working with my CMS classmates including Karla Alves, Aprille Ricafranca, Laura Lieffring, Katie Machaiek, Melissa Acevedo, and Sunny Scarlett.
CMS graduates Sabrina Wilson, Karla Alves, and Aprille Ricafranca working for Grinchmas 2010 at Universal Studios Hollywood

1 comment:

Total Pageviews