Friday, December 9, 2011

WORK STUDY DIARIES: ANDREA MENDOZA PART 6

Follow along with Andrea Mendoza at Cinema Makeup School as she shares her work-study internship experience with you.


The first week of the Hairstyling Course focuses on learning popular new techniques and classic period styles. It includes everything from the 1920s to modern styles. One favorite of mine was the 1950's pinup look. Always a classic. My final fashion shoot is next Saturday. I'm so excited! I can't wait until the day of the shoot. Only two more weeks until my last day at Cinema Makeup School. I met so many great people. Every instructor is amazing and I learn so much. The knowledge I gain from CMS is a great step on my path to being a great artist. Thank you to CMS.

 One picture of the whole Hairstyling Class together.



Another fun part of working at CMS is getting to see all of the side projects that take place at the school. This week two graduates used the space to create a life cast for one of the actors from My Big Fat Greek Wedding - never a dull moment here. 






Ewa and Julian are also interns here at the school. 


Through all of this we also managed to have a blood demonstration and a group of makeup artists visit from Japan! This week was very busy. I love getting to see the variety in types of makeup. While I am taking the high fashion class in the evening, the daytime students are learning about blood tubing, bladders, and special effects application. 

Beginning

Middle


End

Yeah, it got a little bit messy.




A big thank you to our guests from Japan - you were so much fun! Feel free to visit us again in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews